Get Healthy by Losing the Fat

Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Exercise = Use it or lose it

Without exercise weight loss would seem to be not as effective. But joining a workout club just doesn't fit with my lifestyle. For me to exercise on a consistent regular basis it has got to be convenient. Well fortunately while on Christmas holidays with my family I read an newspaper article on exercise using the japanese "Tabata" method. This was revolutionary to me, and it works! It was designed specifically for the Japanese Olympic speed skating team. Tabata is effective because the body continues to burn calories at a high rate during recovery period.

It works this way:

5 minutes warm up
8 intervals of 20 seconds all-out intensity exercise followed by 10 seconds of rest
2 minutes cool down

My exercises during the 20 seconds include running on the spot, squats, sit ups etc.
If you do this truly with high intensity you have had a great workout without any gym expense and you will feel the difference, all in about 11 minutes a day!

This is what I've been doing the last month and will continue to do. But I know I have to do more and eat less to reach my goal of 210. Exercise More & Eat Less!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment.