Get Healthy by Losing the Fat

Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Ode to being fat

Let me just say that I was not born a fat baby. Any fat that accumulated on my body over the years was my own doing. No one put a gun to my head and said, "eat or die". I'm also not the kind of person who hides behind excuses.

"I eat therefore I am!"

I know there are programs out there that promote fat loss. But from my way of thinking I can't depend on a program to keep myself at a healthy weight. I know that I've got to change, nobody else, just me.

To change one's habits sometimes takes a little coaxing or some major catastrophe. I find find myself somewhere in the middle of coaxing and catastrophe. The warning signs are out there. I've got high blood ptressure and I'm getting closer to being a diabetic. I've got high cholesterol and high triglycerides. The great thing is that I can change this . . . I will change this . . . I will lose 50 pounds!

The doctor has prescribed blood pressure pills for me. But these have side effects I don't like. The next thing is prescription pills for high cholesterol and so on. I don't want to rely on this stuff so my "slogan", "battle cry" is LOSE IT OR DIE!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment.