Get Healthy by Losing the Fat

Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Ab Exercises for that toned belly!

I held off doing lots of exercises during the early days of my weight loss. My joints ached because of my excess fat! But doing the Atkins diet helped me lose fat and gain more energy and soon I did more exercises
Ab workouts help trim belly fat and tone your mid section. I wasn't looking for 6 pack abs but I wanted a flatter belly instead of a sack of potatoes tied around my waist.
Since I'm somewhat lazy I know that I have to make exercising something that is easy to do, without having to go to a gym or, buy expensive workout equipment. Using my iPhone I down loaded several apps that have to do with ab exercises. The apps even have short videos on how to do them properly and also have a built in timer to help with them as well.
The exercises I find most helpful are: the basic crunch; right & left oblique crunch; bicycle crunch; reverse crunch; long arm crunch; crossover crunch; half curl; vertical leg crunch and the plank.
I do each one of these abdominal exercises for 30 seconds with a short break in between. Afterwards I sure feel the workout! Interesting to note is that even though I haven't lately lost more weight but the exercises have given me a slimmer waist.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment.