Get Healthy by Losing the Fat

Sunday, January 2, 2011

BMI - Body Mass Index

BMI = Body Mass Index. This is typically used to determine whether someone is obese. Actually just looking in a mirror would show the same. For me I need to get to 194 lbs. to enter the "normal" weight range for my height, so my goal of 200 lbs. may not be enough. However I don't like the look of a "skinny rake" so I'll see what I look like when I get close to 200 lbs. The problem with the BMI calculation is that it only calculates "mass per surface" it doesn't show how much fat or muscle is under a person's skin. Therefore a muscular athlete might be considered obese according to BMI but is actually fit. For me I want to lose the belly fat that hangs over the belt. When I look in a mirror I'd like to see a flat belly instead of a sack of lumpy potatoes. ** check http://www.wikipedia.com/ for BMI information. My next blog will cover ab exercises.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment.